Browse Items (4864 total)

214-004.tif
Springfield Union article dated Jan 27, 1954 about deteriorating conditions at the Methodist Church in South Worthington. It mentions the 1927 formation of the South Worthington Church Building Association. Worthington names mentioned: Arthur…

41-018aa.tif
7 black and white snapshot images. AQ Smith's model train setup. One image dated 1955. One shows Smith working on his train setup.

2005-060.tif
Black and white photograph taken in summer of Ashmore Lodge/Creelman, now (2019) owned by Robert and Sandy Epperly. The photograph shows a view of the side porch which has since been enclosed with louvered glass.

2023_002.pdf
Two anewspaper articles, January 1928. 'Church Has Annual Meeting'. Names include: Mrs. James H. Burckes, Mrs. Eugene Stevens, Miss Bessie A. F. Ames, Rev. James H. Burckes, Mrs. Ernest Thayer, Miss Susan Rice, deacon Clyde Jones, Mrs. Franklin Burr,…

2014-005.tif
John Jarvis feeding large flock of turkeys on property on Old Post Road. Black and white snapshot.

Ph102m.jpg
Black and white glossy photograph of Round Barn on Old North Road. Barn owned by John and Noyes Bartlett; it was located on the now Shaw property and according to John and Noyes was torn down in 1925 . There are two smaller versions of this barn in…

Scan only of blue-toned photograph, postally used. On front: 'Old Stone Chimney, Mt. Parnassus, Worthington, Massa.'No publisher. Postmarked Ringville, Aug 12, 1908. To Miss Mabel Barney, Middlefield, Mass. Mt. Parnassus does not appear on any…

2007a-092.pdf
Poster announcing events for the 225th birthday celebration of the town. Events included: parade from the fire house, dedication of memorial plaques in honor or Snyder/Rolland and Packard bequests, Elm tree planting ceremony at library to honor…

2021-307c.jpg
Article in the Fall 1987 Stone Walls magazine by Elizabeth Payne, titled 'Anne Rausch, Artist.' Describes the background of the artist, with photograph of her painting and two examples of her work.

2010-066.tif
Scan only of black and white real photo postcard showing man leaning on bridge, looking at stream? wood and metal bridge. On front: 'Centerbridge' Worthington Mass.. Publisdher: Thrasher Post Card Co., Mt. Clemens, Mich. and Worthington, Mass.…

2010-084.tif
Black and white photograph. Written on back: 'Chester Ripley - 1904 - May - H. L. P. R' . Also written: 'One of W. G. Rice's horses' . Mounted on gray cardboard.

2020-006.pdf
Editorial in the September 29, 2000, Hampshire Gazette opposing fine of $1000 issued against Highway Superintendent Ernest (Ernie) Nugent, for purchasing a woodchipper for the town from his brother Albert (Bert) Nugent, Jr. in 1998. Fine was issued…

2021-309a.jpg
Article from Stonewalls (Winter, 1988-1989): 'Cold Spring Farm and Its People, taken from an account by Effie Scott Burkis, descendant of John Kelly' by Connie L. B. Dorrington. The former Kelly farm is located 200 Scott Road and was Dorrington's…

2018-094.tif
Sepia postcard titled: 'Elmsted, Worthington, Mass. #31.' Written on bottom is "J. Ross Stevenson home." On back, along left side: Thrasher Post Card Co., Mt. Clemens, Mich. and Worthington, Mass.' Cyko stamp box. This home is known in 'Forty…

2007a-095.pdf
Photocopy of multiple newspaper articles on the origins of the Lafayette Trail. Scott Heyl was involved in this. Article written by Joan Livingston; date and newspaper not identified. Includes mention of General Lafayette and his conditions during…

Color pastel and pencil drawing of 'the Starkweather Place,' 1898, by Guy Bartlett (1882-1970). Pictured are farmhouses, barns, mountain, stone wall. It is in a frame that is too large for its size. Pencil lines indicate size to be cut. Hanging in…

Color painting of landscape of 'West Worthington Falls, the Stone Pool' by Lyder Frederickson in April 1961. Oil on canvas; signed: lower left hand corner, front 'Lyder' in orange. Assignation: 'to Mary and Harold from Renee and Lyder, April 1961.'
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2