Black and white glass slide: Brewster Store,Worthington Center. . This is numbered 35. This property is on the corner of Harvey Road and Huntington Rd. (Rte 112)
Black and white glass slide: The barn at the rear of the Hewitt house at 4 Sam Hill Road. The house was originally built by pioneer Daniel Hewitt in the 1790s and expanded and modernized by his son, Cyprian Parsons Hewitt and his wife, Adelia…
Glass slide showing three golfers with their golf clubs. Slide is numbered 39. There is a woman golfing in a long white dress. The Golf Club was founded in 1905 and served as one of the amenities offered by the Lafayette Lodge.
Black and white glass slide: The front porch of the Hewitt House at 4 Sam Hill Road. The house was originally built by pioneer Daniel Hewitt in the 1790s and expanded and modernized by his son, Cyprian Parsons Hewitt and his wife, Adelia Benjamin…
Glass slide. Photograph of the Worthington Golf Club, founded in 1905. Formerly the Benton House. This is number 38. The Benton home became the Golf Club in 1905. It is located on Ridge Road overlooking Worthington Corners.
Glass slide: Town Hall. This is numbered 37 The town hall, located on Huntington Road (Rte. 112) in Worthington Center, was built in 1855 in the Greek Revival style. The telephone poles and lines serving the town are visible. There were roads on…
Black and white glass slide: Front view of Stevens Mill and Dam in Stevensville, along the Chesterfield Road (Rte. 143). . Buildings are covered with snow. This slide in numbered is 72. It was probably taken around 1908.
Glass slide: shows backview of Stevens Mill and Dam. It is numbered 73. The Stevens family were early Worthington settlers and ran the mill and workshop that provided wooden hoops for a variety of uses.
Glass slide: Aaron and Cullen Stevens House, Stevensville. Aaron Stevens, Jr. (1816-1899) and Sophronia Stone (1816-1910) were the parents of Cullen Stevens (1854-1930) . This is numbered 70. The image dates from ca. 1908.
Black and white photograph of landscape shot showing the Sexton Summer Cottage, possibly before the move from the river to Buffington Hill Road. Note on back reads: 'West side of house, tent house, stable, hay stacks and hen house. Kitchen in rear of…
Black and white glossy photograph of WBS quilting at Edith Brewster's (Brodrick) June 21, 1939. Left to right: Jessie Brewster, May Kilbourn, Millie Smith, Bessie Ames, Mrs. Martin, Mary Smart, Irene Porter, Mrs. Russell, Josephine [Jo] Hewitt, May…
2 Black and white photos. 1) portrait of Laura Bartlett (1824-1910) as a young woman. 2) photo marked Laura A. Prince Bartlett. Mother of Amanda Bartlett Bates who was the mother of Harry Bates
Black and white photograph of Frank I. Bates (1872-1951), Harry L. Bates (1885-1971) and May Bates (later Mrs. Charles A. Kilbourn) (1877-1945). Harry is a baby so this must be around 1885-1886.
Black and white photograph of Charles F. Bates (1849-1927) with pipe and basket, probably taken in Ashfield. He is in his late 60s or 70s. Smaller picture 2 1/2' x 4 1/4' There is also a larger picture of the same print
Stained, sepia tone (faded) photograph of presumably Mr. and Mrs. Bates and child in the snow outside their home in Ashfield. Taken earlier than 45-04a, shows 2 adults and 2 children, sleigh, fence.
Black and white snapshot photograph of Harry Bates (1885-19871) with a pipe in his mouth, cap on his head, sitting on the running board of a 1940s automobile.